The Viorica grape variety is a variety with individuality: it appeared in Mol- dova in 1969, following a successful winemaking experiment. „The Parents“ of Viorica are two red grape varieties – Seibel and Aleatico. Paradoxically the result of crossing was a white grape variety. Certainly, Viorica de Purcari is a noble class jewel.
Viorica wine is made entirely from Viorica grapes, harvested manually and vinified by the traditional method. The white wine Viorica de Purcari is a sensory explosion: it has the aroma of acacia and basil flowers, it is fresh, easy and memorable. The golden color, with bright amber shades, is complemented wonderfully with its balanced and velvety taste and the fine taste of muscatel. Viorica conquers through its complex aroma and subtle finesse.
Recommended serving temperature: +10…+12°C.
- 2021: Gold medal (Decanter World Wine Awards 2022)
- 2021: Bronze medal (International Wine & Spirit Competition 2022)
- 2020: Gold medal – (Oenoforum 2021)
- 2020: Gold medal – (Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2021)
- 2020: Gold medal – (Concours International de Lyon 2021)
- 2020: Gold medal – (Citadelles du Vin 2021)
- 2020: Gold medal – (International Wine & Spirits Competition 2021)
- 2020: Gold medal – (Rose Selection by Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2021)
- 2020: Gold medal – (USA Wine Ratings 2021)
- 2020: Gold medal – (Women‘s International Trophy 2021)
- 2020: Silver medal – (Vinalies Internationales 2021)
- 2020: Silver medal – (London Wine Competition 2021)
- 2020: Silver medal – (Eurasia Wine & Spirits Competition 2021)
- 2019: Gold medal – (International Wine Contest Bucharest 2020)
- 2019: Silver medal – (International Wine & Spirit Competition 2020)
- 2019: Silver medal – (Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2020)
- 2019: Best in Show – (Decanter World Wine Awards 2020)
Château Purcari founded in 1827 is Moldova’s most celebrated winery. Our wines have been served to the Royal Courts of Europe for over 150 years. Its first gold medal was awarded in 1878 at the World Exhibition in Paris, when French experts were profoundly impressed by the rich flavor and intense color of Negru de Purcari, which surpassed even Bordeaux wines. Along time, Purcari wines won more than 300 medals at the most prestigious international competitions like Decanter, Concours Mondial de Bruxelles, Challenge International du Vin, as well as the recognition of the Royal House of Great Britain.