Sauvignon Blanc de Purcari is like a skillfully polished diamond – well contoured, full of verve, and boasting exquisite clarity. The grapes are hand-picked in September and cold alcohol-fermented in stainless tanks afterwards. All in all, this wine smells of pure summer delight, with an amazingly fruit-flavored profile.
Wine tasting Sauvignon Blanc de Purcari:
Close your eyes, waft the glass to your nose, take a deep breath and with a little imagination, you will escape directly into a field of flowers. What makes Sauvignon unique from other white wines are its herbaceous flavors like bell pepper, jalapeño, gooseberry and grass. Undoubtedly, the bright golden color harbors an invigorating aroma, citrus-rich, with grapefruit and lime accents, complemented by exotic fruit notes and subtle floral hues. As a result, the primary fruit flavors of Sauvignon de Purcari are lime, green apple, passion fruit and white peach.
Recommended serving temperature: +10…+12°C.
- 2021: Gold medal – Best of Show Moldova (Mundus Vini Summer Tasting 2022)
- 2021: Gold medal (Mundus Vini Germany Spring Tasting 2022)
- 2021: Gold medal (Vinarium International Wine Contest 2022)
- 2021: Bronze medal (Decanter World Wine Awards 2022)
- 2020: Gold medal (Mundus Vini Spring Tasting 2021)
- 2020: Gold medal (Women’s International Trophy 2021)
- 2020: Silver medal (London Wine Competition 2021)
- 2020: Silver medal (AWC Vienna 2021)
- 2020: Silver medal (Vinalies Internationales 2021)
- 2019: Gold medal (International Wine Contest, Bucharest 2020)
- 2019: Gold medal (Asia Wine Trophy 2020)
- 2019: Silver medal (Mundus Vini Spring Tasting 2020)
- 2019: Silver medal (Challenge International du Vin, Bordeaux 2020)
- 2018: Gold medal (Challenge International du Vin, Bordeaux 2019)
- 2018: Gold medal (International Wine Contest, Bucharest 2019)
- 2018: Gold medal (Black Sea Region & ExpoVin Moldova 2019)
- 2018: Silver medal (Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2019)
- 2018: Silver medal (Mundus Vini Germany 2019)
Château Purcari founded in 1827 is Moldova’s most celebrated winery. Our wines have been served to the Royal Courts of Europe for over 150 years. Its first gold medal was awarded in 1878 at the World Exhibition in Paris, when French experts were profoundly impressed by the rich flavor and intense color of Negru de Purcari, which surpassed even Bordeaux wines. Along time, Purcari wines won more than 300 medals at the most prestigious international competitions like Decanter, Concours Mondial de Bruxelles, Challenge International du Vin, as well as the recognition of the Royal House of Great Britain.