A lost page from the Grenache Diaries! No man is an island…but Moldova may be the Galapagos of wine. For centuries, this region has evolved virtually undisturbed by the West. To sip Rară Neagră is to discover a distinctive, low-tannin, high-acid gem that feels as at-home in the Rhone or Sardinia. Rară Neagră is the culmination of grace and elegance..
Wine tasting Rara Neagră de Purcari
It pours an inviting, not too dense garnet red, with a really delightful nose: dried herbs and juicy red cherries, a touch of pomegranate and floral lift and plenty of pepper and spice. In the mouth it is medium-bodied and fresh, a really good core of red fruits is dancing and agile on the tongue, and whilst the tannins are smooth and gentle, there is spice and there is acidity to give this some structure and some real presence into the finish.
Recommended serving temperature: +18… +20 °С
- 2021: Silver medal (Decanter World Wine Awards 2022)
- 2021: Silver medal (Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2022)
- 2020: Gold medal (AWC Vienna 2021)
- 2020: Silver medal (USA Wine Ratings 2021)
- 2020: Silver medal (Mundus Vini Summer Tasting 2021)
- 2020: Silver medal (Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2022)
- 2020: Silver medal (Decanter World Wine Awards 2022)
- 2019: Gold medal (China Wine and Spirits Awards 2020)
- 2019: Gold medal (Decanter World Wine Awards 2020)
- 2019: Silver medal (London Wine Competition 2021)
- 2018: Silver medal (Decanter Asia Wine Awards 2019)
- 2017: Silver medal (Mundus Vini Germany 2019)
- 2017: Bronze medal (Decanter World Wine Awards 2019)
- 2017: Bronze medal (International Wine & Spirit Competition 2019)
Château Purcari founded in 1827 is Moldova’s most celebrated winery. Our wines have been served to the Royal Courts of Europe for over 150 years. Its first gold medal was awarded in 1878 at the World Exhibition in Paris, when French experts were profoundly impressed by the rich flavor and intense color of Negru de Purcari, which surpassed even Bordeaux wines. Along time, Purcari wines won more than 300 medals at the most prestigious international competitions like Decanter, Concours Mondial de Bruxelles, Challenge International du Vin, as well as the recognition of the Royal House of Great Britain.