Undoubtedly, Pinot Grigio de Purcari is like the touch of autumn: smooth, warm and enigmatic. A wine that does not shout, but whispers a beautiful story. The grapes are hand-picked in September and cold alcohol-fermented in stainless tanks.
Wine tasting Pinot Grigio de Purcari:
The relatively pale colour with green highlights suggests this will be a Pinot Grigio in the Italian mode, but the nose and palate deliver a far more Alsatian experience, full-bodied, almost viscous, with exotic and candied fruit notes and an engagingly savoury note on the finish. t combines well with dishes of fish, shellfish, chicken, hard cheese, and grilled vegetables.
Recommended serving temperature: +10…+12°C.
- 2021: Gold medal (Mundus Vini Germany Spring Tasting 2022)
- 2021: Gold medal (Vinarium International Wine Contest 2022)
- 2021: Gold medal (Mondial De Pinots 2022)
- 2021: Silver medal (Mundus Vini Summer Tasting 2022)
- 2021: Bronze medal (Decanter World Wine Awards 2022)
- 2020: Gold medal (International Wine & Spirit Competition 2021)
- 2020: Gold medal (Concours International de Lyon 2021)
- 2020: Gold medal (AWC Vienna 2021)
- 2020: Gold medal (USA Wine Ratings 2021)
- 2020: Silver medal (Mundus Vini Summer Tasting 2021)
- 2020: Silver medal (London Wine Competition 2021)
- 2020: Silver medal (Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2021)
- 2019: Gold medal (International Wine Contest, Bucharest 2020)
- 2019: Gold medal (Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2020)
- 2018: Gold medal (Eurasia Wine & Spirits Competition 2020)
- 2018: Gold medal (Challenge International du Vin, Bordeaux 2019)
- 2018: Gold medal (Black Sea Region & ExpoVin Moldova 2019)
- 2018: Silver medal (Challenge International du Vin, Bordeaux 2020)
Château Purcari founded in 1827 is Moldova’s most celebrated winery. Our wines have been served to the Royal Courts of Europe for over 150 years. Its first gold medal was awarded in 1878 at the World Exhibition in Paris, when French experts were profoundly impressed by the rich flavor and intense color of Negru de Purcari, which surpassed even Bordeaux wines. Along time, Purcari wines won more than 300 medals at the most prestigious international competitions like Decanter, Concours Mondial de Bruxelles, Challenge International du Vin, as well as the recognition of the Royal House of Great Britain.