Undoubtedly, Merlot de Purcari is like velvet – a soft touch combined with complex structure.
Wine tasting Merlot de Purcari
First of all, the ruby red color is characterized by fine flavors of red fruits. Velvety taste with a pleasant astringency and shades of oak, mulberry, and rose accentuate the long-lasting aftertaste.
Recommended serving temperature: +18…+20°C.
- 2019: Gold medal (China Wine & Spirits Awards 2021)
- 2019: Silver medal (AWC Vienna 2021)
- 2019: Silver medal (Mundus Vini Summer Tasting 2021)
- 2019: Silver medal (Vinarium IWCB 2021)
- 2017: Gold medal (China Wine and Spirits Awards 2020)
- 2017: Bronze medal (Decanter Asia Wine Awards 2018)
- 2016: Gold medal (Black Sea Region & ExpoVin Moldova 2018)
- 2016: Silver medal (Decanter World Wine Awards 2018)
- 2016: Silver medal (Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2018)
- 2016: Silver medal (Mundus Vini Germany 2018)
- 2016: Bronze medal (International Wine and Spirit Competition 2018)
- 2015: Gold medal (Galicja Vitis, Poland 2017)
Château Purcari founded in 1827 is Moldova’s most celebrated winery. Our wines have been served to the Royal Courts of Europe for over 150 years. Its first gold medal was awarded in 1878 at the World Exhibition in Paris, when French experts were profoundly impressed by the rich flavor and intense color of Negru de Purcari, which surpassed even Bordeaux wines. Along time, Purcari wines won more than 300 medals at the most prestigious international competitions like Decanter, Concours Mondial de Bruxelles, Challenge International du Vin, as well as the recognition of the Royal House of Great Britain.