Malbec is a French grape variety, nowadays, mainly, grown in Argentina. In 1853, Michel Pouget – a French agronomist, was hired by the Argentine government to select French grape varieties and to acclimatize them in Argentina. Surprisingly, but Malbec variety has adapted very well in all the regions it was planted, moreover, the wines were even better than in the country of origin.
Wine tasting Malbec de Purcari:
Malbec de Purcari is a wine with a strong personality that will surprise you – it’s an explosion of grace, perfect for edgy combinations and the most surprising olfactory mixtures. Malbec wine has a ruby color, with purple reflections, with subtle shades of blackberries, black currants and violets. The taste is sophisticated, texture is velvety, tannins are soft and silky.
- 2020: Gold medal (Challenge International du Vin 2022)
- 2020: Gold medal (Mundus Vini Germany Spring Tasting 2022)
- 2020: Bronze medal (Decanter World Wine Awards 2022)
- 2019: Gold medal (Mundus Vini Spring Tasting 2021)
- 2019: Silver medal (Mundus Vini Summer Tasting 2021)
- 2019: Silver medal (AWC Vienna 2021)
- 2019: Bronze medal (China Wine & Spirits Awards 2021)
- 2018: Gold medal (Mundus Vini Spring Tasting 2021)
- 2018: Silver medal (London Wine Competition 2021)
- 2018: Bronze medal (Decanter World Wine Awards 2021)
- 2018: Gold medal (Mundus Vini Spring Tasting 2020)
- 2018: Silver medal (Berliner Wine Trophy 2020)
- 2018: Bronze medal (Decanter World Wine Awards 2020)
Château Purcari founded in 1827 is Moldova’s most celebrated winery. Our wines have been served to the Royal Courts of Europe for over 150 years. Its first gold medal was awarded in 1878 at the World Exhibition in Paris, when French experts were profoundly impressed by the rich flavor and intense color of Negru de Purcari, which surpassed even Bordeaux wines. Along time, Purcari wines won more than 300 medals at the most prestigious international competitions like Decanter, Concours Mondial de Bruxelles, Challenge International du Vin, as well as the recognition of the Royal House of Great Britain.